Sunday 1 September 2019

Two folds - three cards for guys

Ideas for cards for guys always seem to be top of the list of trickiest and most requested cards, so the good news is that I have three guy cards to share with you today, and more to show you next time too.

These were the first project options from my August class, using the A Good Man stamp set. They include many of the same elements, but all have a twist to give a different look. Each person got to choose which version to make & customised it to suit the recipient using the images & sentiments they wanted.

 These also received my darling man's seal of approval so I hope you like them too & feel inspired to try making them for your favourite guys. So let's get started. There are LOTS of pics.

A Good Man is my first stamp set with people images so I started by stamping & colouring lots of images with Stampin' Blends & watercolour pencils to get a feel for the look I liked. Then I went to town making them into cards.  Just didn't want to stop.

Card 1 - Dad & his girl



Miss C saw this shoulder image and liked it. She used to get carried on her Dad's shoulders a lot when she was little so I decided to use it for my first card. She actually gave this one to him today for Father's Day.


The figures are coloured with Stampin' Blends markers. Eagle eyes might notice that I added a pony tail to the little person (with a sharpie marker) to look more like Miss C. Ironically now I think about it, her hair was bobbed when she was that little so I probably didn't need to. 😆
I hand cut the image & mounted it on a nested stitched label - apparently can't stop using these.


As you can see here, it's actually a double easel card made in landscape mode (like this starry version actually made after this one), so the front stands up on it's own.


I cut 'dad' using my new alphabet set, the Hand Lettered Prose dies (they're also in the discounted Praiseworthy Prose bundle. I cut them in garden card card, sticking three layers together to make them more sturdy, since they're only attached at the bottom. These dies are useful for so many projects. In class some of my lovelies changed the word to 'son', or names.

The corrugated 3d embossing folder added a lovely bold, textured book, like good old Aussie corrugated iron. The natural ribbon and twine add more. The paper at the back is from the Garden Lane paper pack. It has lots of lovely papers in mixes of green prints.


The back panel includes a brilliant sentiment from A Good Man & another figure. How great does it look just stamped simply.

Here's how it looks flat. You need a whole length of card cut to fit the width of a regular envelope.


Card 2 - Tri fold Card for a good husband


While I was playing around with a double easel fold base I realised if I folded the last fold back the opposite way, it makes a great tri-fold card. It looks like a normal card when flat...


but it opens like a tri-fold...


which then opens to reveal the inside. Tri-folds are brilliant as they give you more decorating options and lots of space for messages inside.


Back to the front image - I stamped 'relaxing guy' (as we called him in class) in soft suede ink (I like the softer look it gives) and coloured in with Watercolour Pencils. I think I personally prefer using the Stampin' Blends markers but the Watercolor Pencils work well too are a very useful and budget friendly option.

I also added 'husband' from the Family Party stamp set, which fitted perfectly in the classic label punch. This set includes lots of options for all sorts of family & friend cards, plus great numbers too.

I gave this card to my darling man for Father's Day, as 'relaxing guy' was perfect for him. He made a comment that the paper (my fave print from Garden Lane and the paper we used for our class project) and the corrugated paper give it a very Aussie feel. What do you think?


Here's the card flat - you can see it has the same scores as card 1. It's just that the decorative panels are in different places.


Card 3 - Relaxing Birthday Guy



This card is a simple variation I made with the class kit. I added my fave bold birthday sentiment but kept the rest much the same. I did emboss the leafy paper with my fave Subtle embossing folder. Bet you were wondering whether I'd used it here. 😃 #cantstop


Relaxing guy was again stamped in soft suede but coloured in a different combo of Stampin' Blends markers.


So, that's my first batch of A Good Man cards for you. I have lots more variations to share so check out my next post too.

A Good Man is a must have for cards for guys both because of the images & sentiment options for so many occasions so add it to your shopping list. All the supplies I've used for all 3 cards are below, so you can order what you need to start creating your own versions.

Until next time,
Happy stamping and inky wishes,
Di

Project Supplies

Here's what I used to make today's projects. Click on the items below to see and order them in my Online Store.
You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one looking after you.




http://bit.ly/shopsuwithdibarnes













No comments: