Sunday 8 September 2019

Hot air balloon tri-fold card for guys


Today's card share is the second card we made at my cards for guys class, and is another tri-fold card, this time made with the Above the Clouds stamp set & punch bundle.


 

When I chose the colours, I imagined the terracotta tile as the land, and balmy blue, the sky that the balloons were headed for. Adding the curving, swirling patterns in Mosaic 3D embossing folder to the mix gave me the feeling of wind blowing the balloons. Deep, huh? 😄 Did you notice that the Mosaic pattern matches across the colours. Prob a little hard to see with the card at that angle.

If the colours & layout seem familar to some of the A Good Man cards I shared last time, it's because they were made at the same time and some were actually based on this one. I really liked the fold & also like to experiment with the same elements to create a different look or feel.


The hot air balloons were stamped in night of navy ink and coloured with Stampin Blends markers- and no blending, just colouring! I used light & dark calyspso coral, plus light night of navy. I also did one with some balmy blue instead. The small balloons were hand cut - yes I do fussy cut sometimes. :)


Inside is a panel stamped with the 'happy birthday' from Perennial Birthday and sentiment from Above the Clouds & more Mosaic. I do love that folder. It goes without saying that you know I LOVE those Stitched Nested Labels dies.


Some may think this isn't a particularly masculine card, but I really wanted to keep it fresh & clean and fun. I'd definitely give to my husband or a guy friend.  Equally, you can change the colours up to make it more girlie, for teens, friends or anyone really.

I like the fresh hand drawn-like simplicity of the Above the Clouds stamp set. I've only used a few of the images on this card, but it has a whole selection of line images & fill stamps plus inspirational sentiments (which fit inside the balloons). The hot air balloon punch is useful for lots more too (like magnolias, but that's for another post). So take a look at the bundle & see all the possibilities.

 

Thanks for visiting today. I hope you've enjoyed my series of guy-masculine cards. Remember to save this & my other posts on Pinterest for later inspiration if you've enjoyed them.

I'm taking a break from them for now, BUT I do have one more card to share using this tri-fold layout - for a much smaller & girlie sweetheart - so keep an eye out for it next time.

Order what you need to make your own version of my card by following the supply list links below.

Happy stamping and inky wishes
Di

Project Supplies
Here's what I used to make today's projects. Click on the items below to see and order them in my Online Store.
You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one looking after you.



https://dianebarnes.blogspot.com/2019/09/paper-paper-everywhere-free.html
http://bit.ly/shopsuwithdibarnes
 https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/category/300010/holiday-catalogue?dbwsdemoid=4000625

No comments: