Saturday 30 November 2019

Christmas Card class - Gleaming Baubles

Hello! I'm getting back to Christmas today with more of my November class cards using stamps, punches and paper from the Brightly Gleaming suite.

I love shine and baubles for Christmas so this suite was an easy choice. It's very easy to work with too and hard to put down. You'll see lots more of it over the next few days.

Today's cards show how you can get double duty from the same piece of paper and punched shapes to help you create lots of cards quickly with a different look.


First up is this one with copper embossed baubles and sentiment using the Christmas Gleaming stamp and punches bundle and Brightly Gleaming paper pack.


I cut a stitched rectangle out of the patterned paper piece and added a smaller vanilla stitched rectangle, topped with 2 copper embossed baubles.


The two coordinating punches in the bundle make it quick and easy to create lots to use on the front & inside (which I forgot to photograph).

The cut-out paper rectangle does double duty on this card. I used the same bauble and sentiment elements teamed with a simple piece of navy card embossed with the Subtle 3d embossing folder to create a different look.

The 'beautiful season' sentiment is from my fave So Many Stars bundle. So many choices and they coordinate with so many projects.


 The card looks much more gold in this pic but it's definitely a lovely copper in real life. I blame the smoky skies when I took the pics.

 
Here they are together again.


I needed to used a different print for my own class kit - this is how they turned out.
So glad I did as it shows how these layouts still work really well.


 Here's a close up. How fabulous does that copper embossed Merry Christmas sentiment look?


 I simplified the second layout and I like it just as much if not more.


Which version do you like the most? These layouts could be easily applied to pretty much any project with similar sized elements so I hope you find them useful. I'm still very much working on my Christmas cards so they'll come in very handy. Here's a final look at both.


 

Ready to add the Christmas Gleaming bundle to your shopping list? Follow the link below to get it and any other supplies I've used today.

Thanks for visiting today. Pop back soon for more bauble designs with Christmas Gleaming.

Happy stamping & inky wishes,
Di

See all my Christmas Gleaming bundle cards here

Project Supplies


Here's what I used to make today's projects. Click on the items below to see and order them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one looking after you.
 
Versamark Pad
$16.50
Heat Tool
$50.00


http://bit.ly/shopsuwithdibarnes https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/category/300010/holiday-catalogue?dbwsdemoid=4000625

  https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/products/301041/christmastime-is-here-product-suite?dbwsdemoid=4000625

No comments: