Monday 25 November 2019

More Christmas Stars


November had been a busy month for classes and other normal life stuff and I've only just had a chance to take photos of all the cards I've made. Here's one from my first Christmas class using the So Many Stars bundle.

 

Look familar? It was very much inspired by this star card I shared last month. I loved how the original turned out but wanted to give it a quicker twist for class & Christmas making using the same techniques that would be easier to make multiples of. What do you think?

So where to start? Well, with a little pile of white card, some night of navy and a piece of Noble Peacock foil and ink pads.


Step 1 - Graduated star background.
I randomly stamped the multiple star stamp in the So Many Stars stamp set on whisper white with pool party ink - so easy - then brayered over the top using a sponge brayer with coastal cabana and then a little blueberry bushel ink.

Step 2 - Emboss resist star


Stamp the star on white with versamark ink & heat embossed in white. Then create magic by sponge daubering over the star with pool party & coastal cabana ink.

Layer a turquoise foil star-swirl between a larger stitched star and then raise the emboss resist star on dimensionals.

Tip- sponge it before cutting out with the coordinating stitched star die so it's easier to position the die, then add some more sponging after.

Step 3 - Sentiment - Create a banner with the Banner Triple punch and stamp the sentiment. Layer it behind the star element.

Step 4 - put it all together & add some sequins to finish off.


Don't forget the inside - more star stamping & a little brayering. Sentiment also from So Many Stars.


So Many Stars really has everything you need in the one bundle. It works so well with lots of other sets too (as you'll see over the next week), so if you haven't checked it out already you must.


Want to see more? See all my So Many Stars Projects here

Thanks for visiting today. I hope my card has given you some ideas to try. I have more to share to pop back soon.

Happy stamping & inky wishes,
Di

Project Supplies


Here's what I used to make today's project. Click on the items below to see and order them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one looking after you.

Versamark Pad
$16.50
Heat Tool
$50.00

http://bit.ly/shopsuwithdibarnes https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/category/300010/holiday-catalogue?dbwsdemoid=4000625

  https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/products/301041/christmastime-is-here-product-suite?dbwsdemoid=4000625

No comments: