Friday 12 June 2020

JAI 509 colour challenge - amazing woman


It's colour challenge week at Just Add Ink and this time I've chosen a colour combination of Highland Heather, Pool Party, So Saffron and Crumb Cake for the team to use.

I can't remember what inspired me to choose this combo but looking at again I thought it would be make a soft and pretty card  for a dear and amazing friend. My Ornate Style bundle features a beautiful floral bouquet image so it got its first inking.


First I created a soft stamped background on Whisper White card using the large floral image and Crumb Cake ink. Then I coloured the images with a Light Crumb Cake Stampin Blend marker. I embossed the piece with the Subtle 3d embossing folder.

Then I started on the main floral image, which I stamped twice. I overcame my usual need to colour images in their real life colours - does anyone else have trouble with that? - and coloured the leaves with Light Crumb Cake Stampin Blends. Then I coloured the flowers with Pool Party, So Saffron, and Highland Heather Blends. On the second image I only coloured and fussy cut selected images.


I stamped a sentiment from the Thanks for the Laughs stamp set (which I've now realised has retired - darn!) in Crumb Cake ink and cut it out with the Stitched Rectangles dies.


Inside I stamped a matchy matchy sentiment and part of the floral image.


So that's my take on the colour challenge. I hope my card has given you some ideas to try. Check out all our team projects on the Just Add Ink blog and try the colours yourself. If you'd like to make your own version of my card, see and shop the supply lists below.


Happy stamping & inky wishes,
Di

Project Supplies
Here's what I used to make today's project. Click on the items below to see and order them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one looking after you.
 

SHOP ALL SUPPLIES IN MY SU STORE

Thanks For The Laughs Cling Stamp Set (English)
Thanks For The Laughs Cling Stamp Set (English)
$37.00
Bone Folder
$12.00
Paper Snips
$17.00
Paper Trimmer
$44.00

https://www.stampinup.com.au?demoid=4000625

https://dianebarnes.blogspot.com/2020/06/june-stamping-sisters-tutorial-bundle.html

1 comment:

michele said...

Beautiful card