Saturday 6 June 2020

Pineapple pop up window birthday card

My darling girl had her 19th (!) birthday at the beginning of May so I thought you might like to see the card I made for her.

I was in my Timeless Tropical phase and feeling a bit nostalgic about Hawaii where we've spent a couple of her birthdays when I made it, as it has quite the tropical vibe... and a pineapple.

It's also a pop up window card like I made for my May Stamping Sisters Tutorial bundle project too. I love that it looks like a normal card when closed but see lots of different elements when open.



I'm still loving the sadly now retired Tropical Oasis paper pack. I hope you got some before it retired. Love this hibiscus and frangipani print. It has such a happy vibe.

The happy birthday sentiment is from the Itty Bitty Birthdays stamp set.


I love the embossed look of the lovely pineapple die (from In the Tropics die set). I cut the top layer using a pineapple print paper, which added a multi-colour effect. I fussy cut a plain layer of card to insert between the dine cut pineapple bottom using the die as a guide.


Inside the panel that was in the window pops up and reveals the extra sentiments. Both of these are from Itty Bitty Birthdays - a good one to mix and match. I like that you can see the pineapple from both sides too.


I decorated the back of the card so we had lots of space to write a birthday message to our girl. My general rule for family cards is that I make them  and darling man writes them out, so we each contribute something.


If you love this tropical themed card, make sure you check out my other Timeless Tropical - Tropical Oasis cards too.

Check out the supply list below to see and get what you'll need to make my card.

If you'd like to know more about making pop up window cards, check out my full Stamping Sisters Pop Up Window Card Tutorial featuring the cutest sloth from Back on Your Feet. Get it here in our May bundle.


I'll share another project soon. Until then, happy stamping & inky wishes,
Di

Project Supplies


Here's what I used to make today's project. Click on the items below to see and order them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one looking after you.


https://www.stampinup.com.au?demoid=4000625

https://dianebarnes.blogspot.com/2020/06/june-stamping-sisters-tutorial-bundle.html

No comments: