Monday 8 June 2020

Poppy shadow box birthday card

Hello and welcome.

I'm going back in time again today to share a shadow box card we made at my Peaceful Poppies Poppies suite class back in March. Seems an eternity ago.

You know I love a fancy fold and this is a fun one I haven't made in a while.


I started with some pretty paper with a watercolour look, from the now retired Peaceful Poppies paper pack. Then I stamped and heat embossed a poppy from the Painted Poppies stamp set (& discounted bundle) then roughly watercoloured it.

I teamed the poppy with layered die cuts and sentiment stamp image from the Peaceful Moments discounted bundle (which includes the Peaceful Moments stamp set and Poppy Moments dies) and a vellum rectangle stitched die cut mutes the paper a little to helps the other elements pop.

 

Inside brings a poppy filled shadow box filled with lots of bold die cut poppies from the Peaceful Moments discounted bundle.



I love that layering up the poppies adds so much detail. I went bold for this card, using Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo and Blushing Bride for the poppies and Granny Apple Green for the leaves. I adhering all the pieces together since the pieces need to be pretty flat in the shadow box.


So that's it for my poppy card. This shadow box card is similar to these shadow box cards I shared with a tutorial a few years back if you'd like to check them out.

Thanks for visiting today. If you've enjoyed my shadow box project, would like more info or like me to make a full tutorial, please leave me a comment to let me know. I really love hearing from you.

Happy stamping & inky wishes,
Di

Project Supplies


Here's what I used to make today's project. Click on the items below to see and order them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one looking after you.


Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper
Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper
$20.00
Versamark Pad
$16.50
Heat Tool
$50.00


https://www.stampinup.com.au?demoid=4000625

https://dianebarnes.blogspot.com/2020/06/june-stamping-sisters-tutorial-bundle.html

No comments: