Friday 25 January 2013

Going back in time...SU Heartfelt event projects - part 1

Today, I'm going back in time to share about the fabulous day I spent at the Stampin' Up! Heartfelt Christmas event in November at Darling Harbour. This may seem sooo long ago & most of you are probably over Christmas. But if like me, you're determined to be much better prepared for Christmas this year, I hope you find some early inspiration here.
Stampin' Up! events are always packed with fabulous ideas & inspiration, but the best part is sharing all this with friends. I was very fortunate to share Heartfelt with my lovely friends Kellie, Kim, Sam & Cathy. I was also surprised, honoured, thrilled & terrified to be asked to help with the Big Shot table at Product Playground & make projects to display there too. I had a brilliant time making my projects with lots of new goodies - you all know that how much I love my Big Shot. I shared the Big Shot table with fellow Demos, Joanna Wassens & Michelle Dyson & was wowed by the lovely projects they came up with too.
Looking now at all my pics, I'm going to have to keep descriptions at a minimum, or I'll be here for days. Today's projects are made mainly with the Ornament Keepsakes stamps & dies, teamed with other dies. Click on the pics to see a larger version & leave a comment if you have any q's.
 
Scallop Square Cards
Shimmery baubles, stamped with champagne shimmer mist, mixed with cherry cobbler re-inker. Card base & mats made with scallop square bigz dies. Love the new piercing templates too - yay!

 
 

Merry Banner
 I love decorating our house for Christmas, so I came up with this idea for a banner, again using the scallop square dies & inlaid embossing technique with die cut DSP. Hard to photograph though!
This close-up of the 'M' shows the inlaid embossing layers better..& some pretty pearls.
Here's a bigger view of each letter:
Paper pieced Hanging Ornament 
Can you tell I really like the scallop square dies? The paper layers of the ornament were cut  from the Festival Prints DSP using the large scallop edge die & paper pieced together to form a patterned ornament inside the ornament window. The whole ornament was sprayed with shimmer paint mist to make it super sparkly...all better seen IRL.
  
This is the back of the ornament. I thought this would make a sweet Christmas gift.
 
Tag Box 
Matchbox style box with window & 8 matching tags. The acetate window has been pierced with a piercing template.
Each tag is made of 2 die cuts, held together with a mini brad. One more pic of the empty box, so you can see the window better. 
That's all for tonight. Hope you've enjoyed seeing my projects. Leave a comment if you have any q's or just want to say hi. Back hopefully tomorrow with part 2.
Inky wishes, Di 
Supplies

Stamps: Ornament Keepsakes, Petite Pairs (hanging ornament), Delightful Decorations (tags), Fabulous Phrases (tags)
Card & Paper: cherry cobbler, riding hood red, gumball green, lucky limeade, very vanilla card
Be of Good Cheer DSP, Festival Prints DSP
Ink: cherry cobbler, riding hood red, gumball green, lucky limeade ink pads, champagne mist shimmer paint, cherry cobbler reinker
Accessories: cherry cobbler bakers twine, victoria lace, vanilla seam binding, cherry cobbler dotted scallop ribbon, basic pearls, large basic pearls, linen thread, mini brads
Tools: Festive piercing template, punches - 1 inch circle, 3/4 inch, jewellery tag (for tags)
Big Shot: Big Shot, Ornaments framelit, Scallop Square Bigz die, Scallop Square Duo bigz die, Typeset alphabet dies, Square Lattice embossing folder, large scallop border edgelit die

2 comments:

Linda said...

I love your Ornament Keepsake tags and matching box. Is there any chance you could share the directions for the box. I'd love to do this with my monthly stamp club in November. It looks like a long matchbox, but I'd love to know the size.
Thanks so much,
Linda Santy

lindasanty3@gmail.com

Linda said...

I love your Ornament Keepsake tags and matching box. Is there any chance you could give me the directions for the box. It looks like a long matchbox, but I'd love to know the size and would love to do this with my stamp club in November.
Thanks so much,
Linda Santy