Thursday 31 January 2013

Lalaloopsy birthday

As the Mum of a brand new highschooler, I realise how quickly you get out of touch with the 'in' things for younger kids. One craze I'd totally missed was Lalaloopsy dollsTM until I saw the ones my friend's daughter B had. So, when it came to making a birthday card for her, I thought it would be fun to make a her a Lalaloopsy card. There were lots of characters to choose from, but the one I chose was Bea Spells-a-lotTM. I googled for ideas, but couldn't find anything suitable, so I went to work on my own version. It took me a couple of hours, but this is what I came up with:
The card front is about 20 x 10cm from memory. Most pieces are made with punches & a little hand-cutting. I hope I can remember everything I used, as this was definitely a one off. Here's another view, so that you can hopefully see the popped layers better. Bea is completely raised off the page.
Here's the inside of the card - simple, with some repeated elements from the front.
 
Punches used to make Bea ... from memory!
Head - 1 3/4 inch circle
Eyes - owl (largest eye circle) lashes - hand cut
Cheeks - 1/2 inch circle
Hair - word window
Headband - oval, owl - heart, 1/4 inch circle
T-shirt & apple - cupcake
Skirt - hand cut & scored a small concertina, buttons - owl (medium eye circle), underskirt - cupcake
Arms - hand cut
Spotty legs - hand cut
Socks - cupcake base
Boots - stocking punch (retired) - cut down to make narrower.

She took a bit of time to work out & make, but I was really happy how she turned out. I hope you like her too. Please leave me a comment if you'd like any more info, or just to say hi. Thanks for visiting.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies:
Stamps: Happiest Birthday Wishes (retired)
Card/Paper: Pink pirouette, whisper white, retired DSP
Ink: melon mambo ink pad, black journalling marker, white gel pen (laces)
Accessories: basic rhinestones, wild wasabi stitched ribbon
Tools: Punches as noted above plus - 1 1/4 inch scallop circle, 1 inch circle, boho blossoms, itty bitty pack, scallop border punch

2 comments:

Sharnee Torrents said...

Lovely Diane!
oh my oh my!!! This card it totally AWESOME!!! I mean did you just sit back and think to yourself... YES!!!
I love all the details, the boots and her gorgeous skirt and well I'd be framing it if I recieved such an amazing card!!! SOOOO LOVE IT!!! Well done on playing and not missing "out" on a fad that is most certainly around at the moment!!
Such a fab card dear lady, really super!!
Smiles SHarnee :)

Andrea said...

Super duper cute!