Friday 25 January 2013

SU Heartfelt event projects - part 2

Yay, I've made it back to share part 2 of my Heartfelt projects. This will be another loooong post, so lets go!

Peace Banner
This was the first display project I made & I think is still my favourite, as I love the colours & clean lines, with those sparkly stars. It was originally going to read 'Peace on Earth' but I didn't think it would fit the board, so stopped with Peace.....but I might make a full one for home this year.
It's completely cut with the Big Shot. The large Two Tags die made a perfect base for the glittery Snow Flurry die star/snowflake, which is placed over a large baja circle (largest circles #2 die or our largest circle punch). I really liked the almost flower like effect the circle gave to the star. You can see it better here:
 Here's a final close pic of the 2 different coloured tags together:
Note: the snow flurry die will NOT be available after the Holiday Catalogue ends on 31 January.

Mr Snowman Stand-Up card
If the peace banner was my favourite project, the peeking Mr Snowman card is the one that makes me smile. I really had a ball putting him together.
I got the instructions for the stand-up card here, from the ingenious Connie Stewart. Thanks Connie!
The card is very sparkly IRL, as the whole base & inside is sprayed with champagne shimmer mist. Here are some over views, so you can see it better....even though it doesn't look sparkly.
The snowman is made with a combination of dies & punches, so I decided to cut out the guess work for everyone & made this info sheet. Note too - my Mr Snowman had to stand up in the window, so I strengthened the body & arms with multiple die cut pieces glued together.
Extra Tip: Can you see that the piece left over from making the snowman arms makes perfect reindeer ears for a punched owl. Just stick this piece behind his head!
This final shot of Mr Snowman helps to show the layers for his nose...& his cute little fringed scarf.
I think this project includes the most Big Shot dies & folders of any project I've made, as you'll see in the supply list at the end.

More Heartfelt Inspiration
Well that's it for my projects, but I thought you might like to see all of the projects at the Big Shot table, made by Joanna Wassens, Michelle Dyson & myself.
 

I also wanted to share a few other fab Big Shot ideas I saw on the day....that I got decent pics of.  If I was to share everything, I'd be here all day again...so just a few.
These super cute Christmas puddings (& fabulous hanging ornaments - not shown) by the truly fabulous Teresa Dabrowski were the cause of every Demo immediately purchasing the Lattice die when they returned home. I've never laughed so much during any demonstration  than when listening to Teresa. She's so hilarious.
Then, we of course have the crazy talented Sophie Zadeh & her beautiful wreath...which inspired me to make this one. The flowers are mainly made using the Fun Flowers & Blossom Party dies.
Sophie also showed this cute double sided hanging ornaments made with the rosette & snow flurry dies.She showed so much more that I didn't get a good pic of.

Last, but certainly not least, I had to show you this beautiful double sided banner made by my lovely friend Kim. You can find out more about the banner here on Kim's blog.
Well I really must finish here, as I need to get started on dinner. Thanks for visiting & I hope you enjoyed my little look into Heartfelt in Sydney. Until next time.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
Peace banner
Card: midnight muse, baja breeze, silver glimmer paper
Accessories: midnight muse stitched satin ribbon, linen thread

Big Shot: Two Tags die, Snow Flurry die, Typeset alphabet dies, Circles#2 dies (largest circle)
Mr Snowman card
Stamps: More Merry Messages

Card: midnight muse, baja breeze, whisper white, basic black, chocolate chip, pumpkin pie
Ink: midnight muse ink pad
Accessories: midnight muse stitched satin ribbon, googlie eyes (only available until 31 Jan)
Punches: cupcake & owl punches
Big Shot: Labels framelits dies, Ornaments Framelits dies, snow flurry die, Delicate Designs & Northern Flurry embossing folders

3 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Your Snowman looks so adorable peeking from the window
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Barb said...

Adorable snowman card! And thx for the great instructions!! I'm subscribing to your blog - you are so talented :)

Jessica said...

Di, love love love everything you shared in this post. Ooh, it so inspires me. Thank you!! Im leaving a comment cause I know that makes us bloggers happy! Many creative blessings! I subscribed to your blog by email. Bye! Jessica U
Www.rememberj.blogspot.com