Sunday 27 January 2013

One more Christmas post

First a confession - I'm sad to say that that life & time got in the way of me getting my own Christmas cards done... & lots of other cards last year. So, in the spirit of new beginnings, one of my goals this year is to make & most importantly send & share more paper love. I haven't blogged a lot either, so I do have some projects that I'd like to share here - both as a reference & hopefully to provide some inspiration to the one or two of you still visiting. I hope you'll humour me for one more Christmassy post & I promise no more Christmas until maybe Christmas in July. Here goes anyway.

Scentsational Gingerbread 
The gingerbread stamp from Scentsational Season always makes me smile - he's just so cheery & cute. Cutting him out with the matching framelit die also makes me smile too. I showed you this card already, but here's a couple of other Gingy projects. First, a card.
 
Here's a close up of Gingy, so you can see his raised eyes & buttons - made with the eyes on the owl punch.
 Next, some little little treat bags for a lovely friend's 2 cute kidlets.
Before you ask, no I didn't make the cookies. I got them from Cookie Crazy Cookies at Menai Community Markets. I can confirm that they're totally delicious though ;0). The topper is cut with the newish Oval Accent Bigz die & just  folded over a cello bag. I attached it to the back of the bag with sticky strip & the front with a dimensional, so it could be easily opened (I hope). Here's a closer view:
Important: The Scentsational Season stamp set & matching framelits are only available until 31 January, when the Holiday Catalogue ends. They are NOT on the list of items that will carry over to the next seasonal catalogue. Contact me ASAP if you'd like to order.

Snow Festival Tags
When I saw the Snow Festival tag packs in the Holiday Catalogue, I knew I had to get some. At just $6.95 for 25 double sided tags, they're super cute, very easy to use & cheap to buy.  Of course, I used mine as gift tags, but also as gift card folders like this one.
As you can see below, this one was also a Stampin' Up! gift voucher. Did you know I could provide gift vouchers? You can also use them to send a family photo or message, as many do for Christmas.
While Christmas is well over, I'll still be able to use the tags as shaped mats on cards etc, as the reverse sides have lovely non-Christmassy patterns. You can see all the tag designs here in the Holiday Catalogue. 

Availability: Snow Festival Tag packs are only available until 31 January, so stock up now for next Christmas... or all year round.

Ornament Tag
Here's a simple, elegant tag I made to match my Christmas wrapping paper. It's made with the Ornament framelit dies & Lacy Brocade embossing folder. I got the idea for the sparkly silhouette shape from a card made by Marelle Taylor for Heartfelt & really liked how it turned out.
 
Well, that's Christmas officially over for me for now. I hope you've enjoyed seeing my projects & hope you come back soon to see what else I've been making.
Until then, sending inky wishes from me.
Di 

Supplies
Gingerbread card
Stamps - Scentsational season, Greetings of the Season
Card/Paper: real red, whisper white, crumb cake, retired DSP
Ink: real red, soft suede ink pad
Accessories: cherry cobbler baking twine
Tools: Big Shot, Two Tags die, Holiday Collection Framelits, owl punch
Gingerbread treat bag

Stamps - Scentsational season
Card/Paper: Summer Smooches DSP, gumball green, whisper white card
Ink: soft suede, gumball green ink pads
Accessories: cherry cobbler baking twine, basic rhinestones
Tools: Big Shot, Oval Accent clear die, Holiday Collection Framelits, owl punch, 1 3/4 circle punch
Snow Festival Pocket Card
Stamps -More Merry Messages
Card/Paper: gumball green, Summer Smooches DSP, Snow Festival Designer tags
Ink: gumball green, ink pad
Accessories: real red 1/8 in taffeta ribbon, garden green flower button, linen thread
Tools: Big Shot, Two Tags die, Holiday Collection Framelits, owl punch
Ornament Tag
Card/Paper: whisper white card, silver glimmer paper
Tools: Big Shot, Ornament Framelits, Lacy Brocade embosisng folder, owl punch, merry mini punch pack, 1 inch circle punch, 1 1/4 scallop circle punch

No comments: