Friday 3 May 2024

JAI 700 Just add shimmer-shine - birthday sunflower

handmade sunflower birthday card using stampin up celebrate sunflowers, amazing thanks, wanted to say, new horizon paper. Card by Diane Barnes - colourmehappy - stampinupcards

Hello and welcome to a new project share. This card celebrates my very special DD, and also a milestone for Just Add Ink. It's our 700th challenge. Amazing! It's also fun that our challenge is to add shimmer or shine, as I think every celebration needs one or both.
DD loves sunflowers so that was my starting point for the card. I used mostly retired goodies - Celebrate Sunflowers stamps set and coordinating dies, Amazing Thanks dies, and New Horizons paper, and current Wanted to Say dies. Here's how it turned out.


Details:
  • The card front is square - 14.8cm x 14.8cm (A4 sheet width cut down). I wanted to see as much of this beautiful paper design as I could.
  • Sunflower stamped image is stamped in Smoky Slate ink and coloured with current and retired Stampin' Blends alcohol markers (current - Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lolly, Wild Wheat, Crumb Cake; retired - Mango Melody, Soft Suede)
  • The words and sunflower overlay is cut with brushed bronze foiled cardstock (retired). The shine is beautiful in real life but a little tricky to see as the light wasn't great when I took the photos.
    I didn't realise it but the Amazing Thanks dies (a retired keeper) are actually on the Clearance Rack currently for just $18.80 while supplies last (that's 60% off).
  • The New Horizons pattered paper is embossed with the retired Subtle embossing folder - my go to for most papers. While this paper is retired, you'll find some new papers in store that will work really well for this idea too.

 
Inside I used the Happy Birthday dies from the current Wanted to Say dies with more foil, plus another sheet of paper and more stamps from Celebrate Sunflowers.

Edit: So I took more pics and this one gives you a better idea of the shine and the texture of the paper ... though not so vibrant. Not my photography week. :D
 

 So that's my take on out 700th challenge. I hope you'll check out all our other team projects on the Just Add Ink blog, and play along with the challenge too.

I hope my card gives you some ideas to try yourself. Let me know if you have any questions or would like more info.

Thanks for visiting today, and until next time, happy stamping.
Diane



 


 
STARTER KIT FREE IN COLOR BONUS - MAY 2024
Choose up to $235 in product - pay just $169
PLUS BONUS In Color goodies valued at $144 free
Find out more and join my team here

 
SHOP ONLINE EXCLUSIVES
Did you know you'll find lots more products in our store than what's in our printed catalogues?
Shop online exclusives and releases in store now - available while supplies last.


 Quick and easy all inclusive kits you'll love.
 Two new kits released every month. Available while supplies last
                

 

No comments: