Monday 11 May 2009

Petals for Mother’s Day...or birthdays

I'm back again with the next best thing to the second mother's day project from my last class...a birthday version of the same card.I'm sure you recognise 'Pick a Petal' – can you believe it's the first time I've used it in a class? The colours are close to cocoa, sage shadow, pale plum & perfect plum, which I wasn't sure of initially, but they really grew on me. The background is rolled with the Scribble jumbo roller, as I liked how the tiny flowers matched the large Pick a Petal ones. The flower head is made of two sets of five petals & the centre is a punched ½ inch circle with a lilac rhinestone brad in the centre (Looks fab with a large brad from the styled silver hodgepodge set too!). Some of the guys at the class didn't want to make a second Mother's Day card, so we also used greetings from 'Sincere Salutations'. The flower & greeting is popped on dimensionals

This design will look pretty familiar to any Demonstrators out there who swapped with me at convention, as my swap was based on this card too. Everyone else will have to wait for my next post for that one.
Back soon!
Inky wishes

Di

Supplies:
Stamps: Pick a Petal, Sincere Salutations, Scribble jumbo wheel
Card: close to cocoa, sage shadow, whisper white, perfect plum
Ink: pale plum & perfect plum classic inks, pale plum marker
Accessories: lilac rhinestone brad (Ice pack)
Tools: ½ inch circle punch

No comments: