Friday 29 May 2009

Urban Silhouettes make & take

Well, I finally had my new catalogue launch/open house last Saturday. It’s been a long time coming with everything that’s been happening lately, but better late than never I say! Thanks to all the lovely ladies who came & helped save me from eating all the chocolate cake by myself.

At the launch, I showed projects made with lots of new goodies & there were 2 cards that everyone could make. This was the first make & take:I think it’s a very simple & modern card. The colours are baja breeze, kiwi kiss, not quite navy & white, which I took directly from the striped paper (from the sooo stylish Urban Garden paper pack). The silhouette images from ‘Pocket Silhouettes’ were stamped in kiwi kiss & not quite navy ink. The bracketed best wishes greeting (I just love brackets) from ‘Cute & Curly was stamped in not quite navy ink. Both the image & greeting are punched out with the curly label punch (which comes in a bundle with the Cute & Curly stamp set – this one is going to get a work-out!). You may not be able to see it, but the greeting is mounted with dimensionals onto a punched not quite navy label to give a little more depth. Some of the ladies used smaller greetings punched out with the large oval punch, which looked great....but I forgot to take pics of these. Sorry!

I thought you might like to see some other cards I made with the same supplies:

For this softer monochromatic version, I used the pretty floral print on the other side of the striped paper. The stem images were stamped in baja breeze & not quite navy ink & sit behid a popped frame of not quite navy punched out with the curly label. I added some white taffeta ribbon & an elegant greeting from ‘On Your Birthday’ set, to add to the soft look. Here’s a close up of the frame: For this one, both the stem image & greeting are from ‘Pocket Silhouettes’ & the ribbon is white taffeta.

I’ll be back with the second make & take hopefully tomorrow. Hope you have a great weekend.

Inky wishes
Di

PS: Almost forgot! – if you’d like an instruction sheet for the first card just e-mail me.

Supplies:
Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, Cute & Curly (Curly Label punch bundle).
Card/Paper: whisper white, baja breeze, not quite navy & kiwi kiss card, Urban Garden Designer Series paper
Ink: kiwi kiss, baja breeze, not quite navy
Accessories: white taffeta ribbon, dimensionals,
Tools: Curly label punch (Curly Label punch bundle)

5 comments:

Robyn said...

So pretty! Love the monochromatic one! Must get some of that DSP! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Sam said...

These cards rock Di! So stylish. Love 'em!

Sam.

PS. will email shortly.

kareN stampZ said...

ohh lovely cards - I'm playing with the same set but don't have any funky punches yet. PS love your photo online from the official photographer!

Trisha said...

Oh my Di!!!!! Amazing amazing amazaing!!!! I love Urban Garden almost as much as Bali Breeze...I fear we will be losing UG here in the states at the end of June! I better stock up now...just BEAUTIFUL cards...FANTASTIC...AMAZING...

Have a wonderful weekend!

Trisha in California, USA

Sarah Klass said...

Di these are just STUNNING! That punch bundle just moved waaaaay up my wishlist having seen these gorgeous cards!!