Tuesday 12 May 2009

SU convention happy-nings


I know I'm a bit behind with my convention update, but I'm sure you know that's par for the course at colour me happy! I could waffle on for hours about it (just ask anyone who's asked me about it!), but to sum it up, it was a whole lot of fun mixed with great information & inspiration.
There were sooo many great ideas shared by the US Stampin' Up! crew, as well as lots of Aussie & NZ demonstrators, all of whom were fabulous. (& I have over 300 pics to prove it!). There was also a fun make & take session where we got to make some great projects with our new stamp sets 'Trendy Trees' & 'Circle Circus'. I'll share these here sometime soon & will also have them at my Idea Book launch &Open House on 23 May. (If you're not on my mailing list & haven't heard about this yet, please drop me an e-mail).
One of my favourite parts was being able to spend lots of time with my good friends Sam & Kellie & Leanne....here we all are at the wonderful Awards Night dinner. (L-R Kellie, Leanne, me, Sam). Love ya girls!I was also thrilled to meet up with some blogging friends who really inspire me, many of whom I've never met in person before. There was the all round fabulous Sarah Klass, who also gave the most amazing & presentation on recruiting & won lots of great awards at the Awards night too! There was much squealing when I found the lovely Christine (Chrissie) Allen, who deserves an award for the most consistent commenter on my blog – thanks again lovey!Then, we found Karen Rogers, a lovely & talented Demonstrator & blogger from Auckland NZ. Here we all are at one of the sessions (Karen far right).I was also very excited to finally meet Karen Thomas & Jean McKenzie, but unfortunately didn't get a pic of us – next time ladies!
If you're a demo & haven't been to a SU Convention yet, I'd highly recommend next year's, which will be on 21-22 May in my hometown of Sydney. If you're not a Demo yet, what are you waiting for? Check out this fabulous offer to join SU for $150 this month, & contact me for more information.
Anyway, I hope you've enjoyed 'meeting' some of the lovely & talented ladies at convention. I'll be back in a little while with my convention swap.
Inky wishes
Di

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

Awww shucks Di! I had a great time meeting you at Convention!! I have your swap in pride of place on my display board.