Wednesday 13 May 2009

My baby turns 8

Can you believe my baby Cara is now 8 years old? How did she grow from this little (& very cute) 8 week old baby... ... into this sweet, beautiful & funny 8 year old, seemingly in the blink of an eye. All I know is that when I arrived home from convention, she seemed to have grown a few inches! After we opened pressies (the bright pink ipod seemed to be a winner!), we celebrated with her delicious Choc Trio cake from our favourite patisserie, Cavallaro's.I wanted to make a bright & fun card for my special girl, so I started with a favourite colour of hers - red...or riding hood red in SU speak, & this is what I came up with, modelled by the birthday girl herself (in crazy face mode)!
The riding hood red base is 21cm x 20cm (front 10cm x 21cm) & the patterned paper is from the 'Washington Apple' pack (isn't it yummy?). The 'Good Friend' birdie got his first inking too, with riding hood red, so saffron & pumpkin pie ink. I thought he needed something to cheep about, so I added a birthday cupcake (from 'Big Bold Birthday') & a word window bubble for him to tweet happy birthday. All the stamped elements are all popped on dimensionals. Cara loves glitter so I decided to glitter birdie & the cupcake with dazzling diamonds at the last minute ( I have to confess that I wasn't happy with the effect on the cupcake but Cara loved it so that was OK!). Anyhooo, here's a slightly blurry close up of them both... ... & here's the inside & matching envelope just to finish it off.

Thanks for sharing this happy mummy moment with me & I hope you liked her card too. Bye for now.
Warm & inky wishes
Di

PS: Don't forget that you can get 4 patterned paper packs for the price of 3 this month...including Washington Apple! Check out the details here & contact me to place your order soon!
Supplies:
Stamps: Good Friend, Big Bold Birthday, Family Phrases
Card/Paper: riding hood red, pumpkin pie, whisper white, Washington Apple DSP
Ink: riding hood red ink, pumpkin pie & so saffron ink & markers
Accessories: 2 way glue pen, dazzling diamonds glitter
Tools: word window punch

6 comments:

Sam said...

Hi Di,

Love your photos. Looks like Cara had a lovely birthday. Please tell her I said happy birthday too. I love her card, very beautiful!

Best wishes,
Sam.

Andrea said...

Happy birthday to your beautiful Cara!

I know exactly what you mean about the little ones growing up all too fast!

I love the card you made for her. Gorgeous and very original!

Take care,
Andrea.

Karen said...

Hey there Di!

Your little girl is just gorgeous as are the rest of your little family!!

I'm so glad she had a lovely birthday and I can understand her excitement at getting a pink ipod! lol

Hey and to answer your question about my convention swaps and me putting pics up of them...........um can you believe I don't have any pics at all!! Yeah I know - a twit! lol

Luv Karen
xo

Chrissie said...

Happy Birthday to Cara! I have to agree that time just seems to fly these days!
I love the card you made for Cara! So bright and cheery with the necessary bling! Everything an 8 year old wants!

kareN stampZ said...

what a lovely card for a lovely wee girl - looks like it was a fun day

Julie Andrews said...

Hi Di,
Just checking out your blog. We met at convention, at the dinner table. I love this card you did for your daughter, and the other cards you have on you blog. Will be checking you out regularly, now.
Julie