Sunday 10 May 2009

Happy Mother’s Day

I just wanted to pop in to wish all the lovely mums a very happy Mother's Day. I'm finally surfacing after having a totally fun & flat out fortnight with my cousin Jean & family, mixed with an awesome trip to Canberra for the annual Stampin' Up!® convention (but that needs more time!).

I also wanted to show you the cards we made at my Mother's Day class waaay back on April 4th . Now I'm here though, I can only show you one now, as I've realised that I don't have a pic of the second one, which is now in Kempsey with my wonderful mother-in-law Shirley (love ya Shirl!) ... so stay tuned for an alternative next time! The card I can show you is one I gave to my wee mum today....so here it is!It's almost a total case of this card by Kellie (waving at ya Kellie), which I totally loved – so simple, effective & flexible. I used the same colour combination that I used for this card (Baja breeze, pink pirouette & regal rose), stamps from 'Always' (flower) & 'Occasional Greetings' (Happy Mothers Day). Anyway, I hope you like it & that you've had a wonderful weekend.

Warm & inky wishes
Di

Supplies:
Stamps: Always, Occasional Greetings
Card: baja breeze, pink pirouette, whisper white
Ink: regal rose, baja breeze
Accessories: regal rose grosgrain ribbon
Tools: square scallop punch

7 comments:

Kay Kalthoff said...

Awesome card - love the colors and the design. TFS!
Kay

Robyn said...

This is a lovely card Dianne! Sorry that I did not get to meet you at convention!- well maybe next year!

Karen said...

Hiya Di,

Your card is just lovely - but that is no surprise to me - all your work is!

It was so lovely to meet both you and Sam at convention - such a shame I didnt get longer with you both!

Luv Karen

LeAnne said...

Hi Diane!
You may certainly case MY card, if I can case THIS card here! Love it, what great colors and a sweet sketch. I have just the event at which to use it!
LeAnne

Chrissie said...

Beautiful card Di and FABULOUS colour combination! It is just soooo pretty!

Unknown said...

Hi Dianne, Just wondering what size square punch you used to fit inside the scallop? Or did you cut them? Lovely card!
Megan

Diane Barnes said...

Hi Megan
I couldn't e-mail you from your comment, but I used a 1 inch square punch (not SU). You could easily cut 1 inch squares with a trimmer too. Best wishes, Di