Tuesday 12 May 2009

My convention swap

Here I am with part 2 of my convention wrap-up. A big part of convention fun is swapping ideas with other Demos & many make card fronts or other cool items to swap with each other. With over 400 Demonstrators at convention, it's a little like mayhem, but fun! As it was so busy with our family being here, I only managed to finish 16 swaps, so mine didn't last very long, but I did receive some really beautiful cards in return. Anyway, This was my swap...

Avid readers (are there any of you out there?) will realise this is a modified version of this card I posted yesterday. I changed some of the colours - this time I used perfect plum, pale plum & (surprise surprise) celery. The reason for the celery was that I wanted to have a ribbon stem (that's my excuse & I'm sticking to it!). I used a new & beautiful 'thank you' greeting from 'Thank You Kindly', as I really wanted to use a loooong greeting that crossed over the stem (which the original you didn't see had too!). To add more weight to the greeting panel, I included a punched flower & smaller matching lilac rhinestone brad beside it. Just for fun, here's a shot of all the cards waiting to be bagged! That's a lot of petals!So what swaps did I receive in return? I haven't had a chance to take pics yet, but I've included some links to some I've found online so far, so you can see how cool they are too. If I find more, I'll add to the links.

Sam Post's: This glittery beauty... & one for the Twilight fans....tab right down to Edward

Karens: Sweet Always square
Teneale Williams': Gorgeous rose card
Marelle Taylor's: Fab 5th Avenue Floral
Louise Sutton's: Clever masked silhouettes

Well, that's all from convention this year for now. I'd better be scooting up to school to pick up Cara, who's just started 3 days of her first ever exams. I think a treat will be well deserved this afternoon.

Inky wishes
Di

Supplies:
Stamps: Pick a Petal, Thank You Kindly, Eastern Blooms, Scribble Wheel
Card: perfect plum, cpale plum, certainly celery, whisper white
Ink: pale plum, perfect plum ink pads, pale plum marker
Accessories: lilac rhinestone brads (I used some clear ones too), celery grosgrain ribbon
Tools: ½ inch circle punch, trio flower punch, piercing tool

2 comments:

Nerida said...

Hi Diane, These are beautiful swaps, you put in a lot of work, so much cutting!! For a lovely result. Nerida

Louise said...

Thanks for the compliment Di! It was lovely to meet you at Convention and I LOVE your swap card too.
xx Louise