Saturday 30 May 2009

Sweet Upsy Daisy & More

Helloo again! I’m back with the second make & take from last weekend’s open house. This card uses the fabulous & very flexible ‘Upsy Daisy’ set.
I think I had one of Kellie's cards in my head when I made it, as I realised it's very similar to the second card in this great post. First I stamped the ‘Upsy Daisy’ flowers in pink pirouette ink, then matted it on some pink pirouette card, teamed it with some ‘Sweet Always’ designer series paper – I can’t resist a good spot & the colours in this paper look great together. The greeting is from the level 1 hostess set, ‘Best Yet’, which I think is my fave one this year (so far!). I’ve just punched it out & laid it over some wrapped choc chip ribbon. Oh, the inside has a white panel, partially stamped with the daisies too.
Here are some other Upsy Daisy cards, to show you more ways you can use it.

Brocade Blue Daisy
Speaking of Kellie (*waving* at ya Kelllie), I have another Upsy Daisy card to show you, which was a definite case of the first card in the same post, with a couple of twists.
I’ve seen lots of cards with the daisy image stamped twice to get a shaded effect, but I loved Kellie’s really easy idea of creating a shadow down the side with a grey marker & did it on this one - it's hard to see in the pic but much better IRL. I stamped the main image in brocade blue on very vanilla card, the greeting (also from ‘Upsy Daisy’) in night of navy ink & then matted the stamped panel on old olive card. I folded a little brocade blue ribbon behind the panel, near the greeting & mounted the panel on the base, with dimensionals. The base is bashful blue, with a strip of brocade blue ‘Patterns’ paper from the level 1 hostess pack & some twill tape.

Pam’s Daisy
This is a total case of a really simple card that Stampin' Up!’s Pam Morgan demonstrated at convention. Pam is a brilliant presenter who always has great ideas to show & this time was no exception.
To create the multicoloured flowers, the daisies were inked up with kiwi kiss, regal rose & rose red ink using sponge daubers, then stamped onto whisper white card. The stamped card was mounted onto a strip of baja breeze, a greeting was added (also from Upsy Daisy), then finished off with a kiwi kiss satin ribbon knot (gorgeous!). My version is a bit messy, as I was trying to finish it about 5 minutes before I picked up Cara, but I’m sure you get the idea.

Marelle’s Daisy
This last card is a mixed up case of a card that the super talented Marelle Taylor demonstrated at convention.
As Marelle showed us, I inked up the daisies in 3 shades of ink before stamping. First, the whole stamp was inked in so saffron, then, the bottom two thirds in more mustard & the bottom third in tangerine tango. The joins were blended with a sponge dauber & stamped on white card. This gives a really effective look that I hope you can see in the pic. The rest of the card is super easy – tangerine tango base, strip of ‘Haiku’ paper (love it!) & a greeting. For the greeting, I stamped the best wishes greeting (‘Cute & Curly’) with really rust & old olive markers & punched out with the curly label punch. As the daisies were popped off the front with dimensionals, I attached two more mustard punched shapes to the back of the punched greeting to give a bit of height & weight. So, that’s my take on Marelle’s lovely card, which is the second card in this post.

Anyway, hope you liked seeing these. Back soon with more cards & some news!
Inky wishes
Di

Supplies:
Sweet Upsy Daisy
Stamps: Upsy Daisy, Best Yet
Card/Paper: choc chip, pink pirouette & whisper white card, Sweet Always DSP
Ink: Pink pirouette, chocolate chip ink pads
Accessories: choc chip 1 inch stitched grosgrain ribbon
Tools: curly label punch (Curly label punch bundle)

Brocade Blue Daisy
Stamps: Upsy Daisy
Card/Paper: bashful blue, old olive, whisper white card, Brocade Blue Patterns 1 hostess DSP
Ink: Brocade blue & night of navy ink pad, basic grey marker
Accessories: brocade blue grosgrain ribbon, twill tape

Pam’s Daisy
Stamps: Upsy Daisy
Card/Paper: kiwi kiss, baja breeze & whisper white card
Ink: kiwi kiss, regal rose, rose red & baja breeze ink pads
Accessories: kiwi kiss satin ribbon

Marelle’s Daisy
Stamps: Upsy Daisy, Cute & Curly (Curly label punch bundle)
Card/Paper: tangerine tango, more mustard & whisper white
Ink: so saffron, more mustard, tangerine tango ink pads, really rust & old olive markers
Tools: curly label punch (Curly label punch bundle)

1 comment:

Sam said...

WOW Di, you have been a busy chicky! Your cards are all so fabulous!! Lovely colours and layout...very eye catching. Also makes me so glad that I have just ordered the Upsy Daisy set...yes, I know, how did I last so long without it?

Best Wishes,
Sam.