Friday 22 September 2017

JAI 378 Just add texture - leafy birthday U-bridge fold



Happy Friday! This week's new challenge at Just Add Ink is to Just Add Texture. A fun & easy challenge so I hope you'll play along with the team.


I've have quite the obsession with the U-bridge fold card recently but today's card is the first card on my blog so far. We made this one at my August masculine card class too. Love it when a card does double duty.



I've added texture in a few ways:
- Dry embossing - the back & front panels are embossed with the Woodland embossing folder. I adhered the embossed panels to the base for strength.

- Layered sentiment - I used the new Everyday Label punch from the Holiday Catalogue to make the layers behind the birthday sentiment (from the hilariously named Super Duper stamp set). It's such a great shape & so easy to make it wider (or narrower) than the punch shape. If you're not sure how to do this, leave a comment & I'll add some instructions.

- Leaves - I've partially adhered the leaf skeleton die cut to the full leaf (both from the Colorful Seasons bundle), so that it creates more interest. The base leaves are inked & sponged too. You can maybe see the leaves better here.


Anyway, back to that fabulous U-bridge fold card. The brilliant Amanda Bates shared a ton of fab U-bridge fold cards & that began my obsession. I used the measurements in this tutorial to make this card. I added an extra centre piece behind the front so I could add another layer of leaves.


It's such an easy fold to do, yet gives a really big wow. It even folds flat(-ish in this case) to fit a regular C6 envelope. That all makes it the perfect fancy fold in my book.


Can't forget the back too. Very simple - I just love that sentiment from Colorful Seasons. It works for so many occasions & is such a lovely font. A few more leaves carry over the theme.


So that's my textured card. I hope you like it. Check out all the Design Team's fab ways they've added texture too, on the Just Add Ink blog & play along with the challenge too.

So, are you loving the U-bridge fold too? Do try one if you haven't already as they're such fun. I'll be sharing lots of different themed versions in coming weeks so do stop by again.

Thanks for visiting today, & remember to pin my card for later inspiration. Check out the supply list below too if you'd like to make it. Everything can be ordered from my online store.




Project Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

Note: Actual items I used are listed first. Alternative purchase options are listed at the bottom of the supply list.
Product bundles noted are discounted by 10% off individual purchase prices for a limited time. Items can be purchased separately after bundle offers end.

Big Shot
$159.00

7 comments:

Lisa D said...

What a fabulous card! Love the texture, color and theme. Gorgeous!

Ali P said...

Love it, totally fabulous, so excited about your design I'm going to give this a go. Thank you for sharing

Lou said...

Such a fab masculine card Di. I love this fold and how you have extended the label punch shape for the border. Genius!

Jan said...

Such a fun masculine card Di!. Your colourful leaves really pop against the neutral background and your layered sentiment tabs are a great design addition. xx

KimB said...

This is filled to the brim with colour and texture Di! I love how the bright autumn tones of the leaves pop against the neutral background. Awesome masculine card for someone special. xxx

Jaxx Crafty Creations said...

Love all the texture and the bright autumn tones in this amazing creation, Di. Also love the clever way you used the Punch to create the layers behind the sentiment! Stunning card!

Amanda said...

Gorgeous card Di.... and glad to see someone else that has got as carried away with U Bridge Fold cards! I look forward to seeing many more....