Friday 29 September 2017

Quick & easy Christmas with foil snowflakes


My favourite Christmas cards are generally quick to make with lots of shine so today's card definitely made me happy. I made this with my SU team in August & my class lovelies & it proved to be a hit with them too.



I added shine in four ways:
- gold foil snowflake (love!)

- gold heat embossed sentiment
- gold washi tape, from the Year of Cheer washi pack
- pearls

Have you tried our Foil Snowflake doilies yet? They're another must have for me - so easy to use on cards, tags, packaging, decor, and a total bargain for Christmas & all year round. You get 24 snowflakes for just $10 (12 each of gold & silver). They're backed in white so you can brayer them any colour you like too.

For this card I simply cut a gold snowflake in half & adhered it to vanilla card using a sponge & liquid multipurpose glue. This gives a light coating of adhesive & no messy overflow.


The sweet little scallop edge adds a delicate detailed touch, thanks to the Decorative Ribbon border punch. It has two pretty edge options, but I can't resist a scallop.

The sentiment on the front and inside is from another Holiday Catalogue top pick - the Watercolor Christmas stamp set.  I love the swirly font & the sentiments are so useful. Check them all out below in the supply list.

I kept it simple with more shine inside. You could gold emboss the sentiment for even more but I kept it quick with soft suede ink and more Year of Cheer washi. I think I'm going to need a ton of this washi as it gives such a quick & easy wow.


Simple but elegant...& quick! Hope you like it too. Thanks for visiting today. I have more foil cards to share so pop back soon. Pin my card for later inspiration too. If you'd like to make this card, you can see order all the supplies you need from the links below.

Inky wishes, Di


Project Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

Note: Actual items I used are listed first. Alternative purchase options are listed at the bottom of the supply list.
Product bundles noted are discounted by 10% off individual purchase prices for a limited time. Items can be purchased separately after bundle offers end.



Product List
Versamark Pad
$15.00
Heat Tool
$50.00

1 comment:

Sherylee said...

That is really pretty Di! Would be a wonderful, wow, Christmas card to make or receive! Sherylee.