Friday 8 September 2017

JAI 376 Just add D - for Dad




Friday means a new challenge at Just Add ink, and this week we're adding something starting with the letter 'D' - a very easy challenge since I'm a D. 😊 However, I chose to make a card for Dad, since Father's Day was last weekend in Aus. This was also one of my masculine card class projects too.
 
 

There's nothing dull about this card, thanks to the bold, copper foil background, embossed with the Hexagon Dynamic embossing folder. Did you spot the D in there?


Then there's the happy little cluster of elements:
- 'Happy' is cut from the Happy Birthday thinlits die.
 
- Father's Day sentiment from the Thoughful Banners stamp set. Lots of people & occasion choices in that one
- Wood banners cut from the Wood Textures dsp paper stack. A lot easier to work with than the real thing too.

Simple simple on the inside, with a little more embossing and a beautiful sentiment for my dear Father-in-law.




So that's my design for this week. Check out all the Team's here on the Just Add Ink blog & try the challenge yourself.

Thanks for visiting today. I'll be back soon with more ideas for you to try. Remember to pin my card for later inspiration before you go.




Project Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Actual items I used are listed first. Alternative purchase options are listed at the bottom of the supply list.



Big Shot
$159.00

8 comments:

Jaxx Crafty Creations said...

Oh My, that embossed background is just stunning! Gorgeous Father's Day card, Di. I love the wood and neutral elements in your "Happy" cluster.

Kelly Kent said...

Wow Di - I gotta try embossing some foil, it's simply stunning. Great masculine card! Hope it was a great Father's Day in your house! Kelly x

Nikki Spencer said...

Whoah! that embossed copper is stunning Di! Love the masculine details of the woodgrain dsp and ribbon...A very cool guy card! xx

Lou said...

That embossed foil - stunning Di! It is such a perfect background for the sentiment panel. Love the banners under the 'happy'. So many ideas for me to try.

Jan said...

Wow, such a spectacularly shiny card Di! Your embossing and wood touches are such a lovely mix of textures and I love how you've created your sentiment too. Such a special card for a super occasion. xx

Rochelle Blok said...

Love, Love, Love this Di! The dynamic embossing folder in the Copper foil is just stunning! A real 'WOW' piece. Loving the mix of the Wood Textures DSP with the happy die. Such an amazing card! Rochelle xo

Narelle Farrugia said...

Awesome!!! I love, love, love this masculine card Di! The background is fabulous with that embossing folder and the depth it gives it! The touches of woodgrain are perfect too!

Marlena M. said...

Awesome dimension and shine~wonderful masculinity too!