Sunday 8 January 2012

A personal share

Hi everyone
Hope that you all had a lovely Christmas & new year surrounded with family & friends. I'm sorry for my absence, but it's been a very difficult month for our family. I don't normally share much personal info on my blog, but I feel compelled to explain...

Our lives were turned upside down on December 18th, when my darling Damien's brother Josh passed away suddenly. As you can imagine, we, his parents, Josh's wife, kids & friends are devastated at his loss & are gradually trying to come to terms with it. Thankfully, we were all able to spend Christmas together as a family, but are now back at home. This is hard, since we live far from one another.
Through all this, we have all felt very blessed to have so much support, practical help, thoughts & prayers from many beautiful friends, family & our church community. For this, we feel truly grateful.
I'm not really sure why I wanted to share this here, but I guess it has made me more aware that we never know how long we have on this earth, so I hope that through this sadness, I can be more aware of the many, many reasons we have to be grateful to be here.

On a more trivial note, I've been thinking about whether to post the remaining Christmas projects I had planned to show, since Christmas seem so far away (both past & future). I've decided that I'll gradually post them & other projects I have as time & inclination permits. I hope that sharing my little projects here will in some small way provide inspiration to others, in the same way as I am inspired & thankful for all the wonderfully creative people who share projects on their blogs & pages & in person.

Until next time.
Warm wishes, Di

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diane, I am sooooo sorry to hear about your loss! My thoughts and prayers are with you.
yes, please post your Christmas projects. I for one am still making Christmas cards. Just haven't gotten enough this year.
HUGS

Jenny Hayward said...

Diane,
My love and prayers are with you and all your family at the moment. Thanks for sharing this! Thinking of you in the coming weeks and months. It was nice that you could spend Christmas with all your family.

Looking forward to seeing all your creations. We can start planning early for next Christmas. :)

Take care,
Love Jenny xx

Sam said...

Hi Di,

I was so sad to hear about the loss of your brother inlaw. My thoughts are with you and your family.

I hope you got my email...I've been having issues with that account.

All my love and hugs,
Sam.

Anonymous said...

Dear sweet girl..I am soooo sorry to hear of this horrible loss...my sons wife (who was only 35) was killed in a terrible car accident the first of Nov. and so I say this to let u know that I feel your family's pain and just pray that time and God will heal so much sadness....hugs from Canada.

Andrea said...

Still thinking of, and praying for you and your family.

Thank you for selfessly thinking of others and continuing to post. I hope that crafting in some small way helps you at this time.

Anonymous said...

Oh Di - just read your post about your brother-in-law, so sad. You and the whole family are in my thoughts and prayers - never easy, but worse at Christmas. Thank you for sharing it with us, and continuing to post - often therapeutic in its own way! I have loved looking through your Christmas cards - you are a legend with the stocking punch! (I thought I was all over Christmas cards for another year, but I'm almost inspired to go make some more!). Big hugs, beautiful. xoxox

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. Thoughts and prayers are being sent your way. X