Tuesday 10 January 2012

Tag folder for a special hostess

The shutter guy is still hard at work in my new crafty room & has to get to our bedroom after that, so I think I have time for another post.
I realised I haven't shown you the hostess gift I gave the lovely Kim at her November Christmas themed workshop. This was a very special workshop as it I ran it with one of my newest downlines - Beverlee - who also happens to be Kim's Mum. I demo'd a petal cone die project (reminder that still need to show you that too) & Beverlee took the girls through a make & take card (which I don't have a pic of - sorry!).
My gift was a book of Christmas tags...
Here it is open...
I've included 8 tags in the pack & a little roll of ribbon to use with the tags. They're made with the smaller of the tags in the two tags die & are decorated with stamps & punches. The tags are about 11cm x 5cm each. I just love how the tag end co-ordinates with the scallop circle punch.

More about the folder... It's very simple - just one piece of card scored & folded a couple of times to make a spine & base. I can't give you the measurements for this one as I forget to take them before I gave the folder to Kim. I think the front is probably around 14cm x  9cm though.
I've put together this quick template to show you the score lines required. You can adjust the size to fit whatever you want inside.
Notes:
  • The vertical score lines form the spine of the folder.
  • The horizonal lines form a base & a flap to hold the items in place. I cut out the centre piece as shown to make a neat finish.
  • I use a brad to secure the edge of the flap. This also holds the ribbon in place (you can see the brad on the cover - I covered the inside with the paper).
  • Just one more tip - the base scores should be half the width of the vertical scores, so the folder folds neatly in half.
I've made quite a few of these folders over the years for note cards, as they make great gifts. You can see some oldies here & here if you're so inclined.
While I'm linking, you can see another Big Shot project I demonstrated at Kim's previous workshop here.)

Well, this post has taken me so long that the shutters are all installed now, so I'm off to check them out... after adding the supply list. Until next time.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies:
Stamps: Snow Swirled (snowflake & sentiment), Perfect Punches (Joy at Christmas), Easy Events (mistletoe), Contempo Christmas (sentiment)
Card/Paper: riding hood red, cherry cobbler, certainly celery, garden green, very vanilla card. Letters to Santa DSP
Ink:garden green, cherry cobbler, wild wasabi, riding hood red ink pads
Accessories: pear pizzazz poly twill ribbon, very vanilla 1/4 in grosgrain ribbon, basic rhinestones
Tools: Big Shot, Two Tags die, 1 3/8in circle punch, 1 1/4 in circle punch, scallop circle punch
crop-a-dile (holes in tags)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What awesome tags! Thanks for sharing those (and how you made the folder) - they'll go into my Christmas file for next year! xxoo

Andrea said...

Love, love, LOVE the Two Tags die!!!!!! And I love your project. Great idea, as always.

Linda Dalke Stampin'Up Demonstrator in Australia said...

Wow... I love this project. Think I will file that one away for my stamp club closer to Christmas time this year. Thanks for the inspiration Di!

Steph said...

Came to you via Bron Heslop. What a fantastic project. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the new shutters.

H2 :) said...

Fantastic project Di. Love the tags die, it's so versatile! :)