Friday 2 November 2018

JAI 433 colour challenge - bright birthday



It's colour challenge time this week at Just Add Ink and Jo has given us this bold combination to work with.


These colours made me think of parties and old school party lights, which led me to an idea to use the light bulb string in the Making Christmas Bright bundle (& stamp set) for a birthday card. A very useful little addition all year round, as are other stamps in collection too.

This is how it turned out.


With such a bold combination I've used lots of white with pops of colour. I started by making made my own light  bulb background with the string of bulbs, then coloured them in the challenge colours - blueberry bushel, berry burst and lemon lime twist. I added sparkle with both clear Wink of Stella and a good spritz of shimmer mist made with champagne mist shimmer paint & Isocol (rubbing alcohol).

The easiest way to colour them is with Stampin' Write markers (the challenge colours are in-colors so the Stampin' Write markers are included in their respective year packs). If you don't have markers, use a blender pen to pick up colour from the ink pad. I've listed both options in the supply list below.


I layered a few Happy Birthday die cuts on a stitched circle of vellum to help them pop from the background, offsetting with lemon lime twist & blueberry bushel. I also popped up the vellum-sentiment with dimensionals.

Design tip - when positioning the words, I added two strips of paper behind the panel to add emphasis to the sentiment. I also liberally sprayed the words with shimmer mist too, but it's not showing in the pic sadly.

Inside, I kept the simple theme going with another string of bulbs & sentiment from my most used Picture Perfect Birthday stamp set. Definitely a keeper & works so well with the Happy Birthday thinlit. Do you have them yet?


So that's my take on the challenge. Try it yourself with the challenge colours or make up your own favourite combination of colours. I'm sure you'll have fun. See below to order the supplies you'll need.

Now head over to see what all the fun ways the design team have used the colours too. I'm sure you'll get lots of ideas to try. Until next time, thanks for visiting.

Happy stamping & inky wishes
Di

#colourmehappy #sydneystamper

Project Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's projects, click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. Items I used are listed first. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one.

Product List
Blender Pens
$21.00
Big Shot
$159.00


https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/category/30010/holiday-catalogue?dbwsdemoid=4000625

No comments: