Friday 23 November 2018

JAI 435 inspiration challenge - glistening Christmas trees



I'm trying out a new to me fancy fold for this week's challenge at Just Add Ink which is an inspiration challenge based on this wintry forest scene, suggested by Kim.


I'm still feeling the love for the Snow is Glistening stamp set & Snowfall dies from the Snowfall Showcase limited release suite available this month, so I was inspired to create this stylised tree scene.


Crafting time is very short at the moment so I combined the Just Add Ink challenge with our current SU team challenge to create a double easel card. Coincidentally, our team challenge was set by my lovely and fellow Just Add Inker, Jo Stubbings. Thanks, Jo.


The double easel design folds flat for posting, though this one is a little thicker due to my layering.


As for the tree scene, I stamped & white embossed two tree images from Snow is Glistening on mint macaron card and clear embossed another onto soft seafoam card. I adhered one mint macaron on the rear panel & aligned two on the front folded panel.

I cut the gorgeous swirly die on white card then sponged it and the soft sea foam tree with frost white shimmer paint. This gives them a really beautiful pearly sheen that's hard to see in photos.

The easel piece is adhered to a regular portrait tent fold card base. This is how the front folds look when unfolded.


... and a bit closer.

 

It's simple but coordinated on the inside too.


So what do you think? I think this double easel will definitely not be a one off. So easy and so many possibilities. Love it!

Talking about lots of possibilities, you'll love seeing how the other Just Add Ink gals interpreted the challenge image, so head over to the Just Add Ink blog to check out all our projects.

If you'd like to create your own snowy scene, make sure you get the Snow is Glistening & Snowfall sets ASAP as they'll be gone for good on November 30 while stocks last. See all the Snowflake Showcase goodies here in my store.


Happy stamping & inky wishes
Di

Project Supplies



To see & order any items used in today's projects, click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. Items I used are listed first. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one.

Versamark Pad
$15.75
Heat Tool
$50.00
Big Shot
$159.00


Snowfall Showcase

https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/products/30070/snowflake-showcase?dbwsdemoid=4000625https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/products/30070/snowflake-showcase?dbwsdemoid=4000625

No comments: