Friday 15 May 2020

JAI 505 Just Add thinking of you - birds & hugs



Hello! This week's new challenge at Just Add Ink is to create a thinking of you project, which couldn't be a simpler challenge or more appropriate right now. I'm sure you can think of lots of people to send your card to. This is what I made.



Did you realise there's no stamping on my card? It's all pretty paper and white card!

I've used two patterned papers from the gorgeous 12 x 12 Bird Ballad paper pack - I fussy cut birds and flowers from one sheet, and used the pretty watercolour look bird cage print on the base.  You could make sooooo many cards with the pack. It's retiring soon though so get a pack / another pack before it's too late.

I love the 'sending love and paper hugs' sentiment used here, especially for a fellow papercrafter. It's one of tons in the Stampin' Up! Covid-19 Giveback Share Sunshine fundraising pdf download. Read more about this fundraiser and buy your pdf download below. I just printed the page I wanted in black & fussy cut the sentiment. My current minimal stamp space is making me get used to cutting with my Paper Snips.


What else did I include? Some die cut layers to add detail. There's an intricate vellum layer made with the Ornate Layers dies (or Ornate Frames bundle), stitched scallop rectangles (with join hidden) coloured with dark Pool Party Stampin' Blends marker, and a Stitched Shapes circle.

Most layers are popped up on Dimensionals, which you can see better in this pic.


 Inside is very simple. Another fussy cut birdie.


 Keep it simple stamper!

After playing around with the first card I used some of the other bits to make a simpler version using the same sentiment and more sweet birdies. This time I cut the sentiment with one of the narrower Stitched Rectangle dies.


So what do you think - Keep it simple or lots of layers? Either way you could definitely quickly make a ton of these to send.

That's it for my take on the Thinking of You challenge. Head to the Just Add Ink blog to see all the Design Team's projects, and I hope you have fun trying the challenge too and send some love to someone too.

Happy stamping & inky wishes,
Di

#SHARESUNSHINE - COVID-19 GIVEBACK FUNDRAISER


The Stampin' Up! Covid-19 Giveback Share Sunshine pdf download is an online fundraiser to support organisations that are helping COVID-19 frontline responders and communities vulnerable to the pandemic. Stampin' Up! are donate 100% of the proceeds to COVID-19 efforts.

The Share Sunshine PDF Download is $12 USD (approx $19-20 depending on exchange rate) and has 15 pages packed with both light-hearted and heartfelt sentiments and imagery relevant to the unique COVID-19 and social distancing situation we’re currently experiencing–including many ideas that came from Stampin' Up! Demonstrators and customers.

You can use the pdf download in your cardmaking and papercrafting projects. Simply purchase, then download the pdf - you'll receive an e-mail from Stampin' Up! with a link.

Print the imagery on cardstock and cut it out using our Paper Trimmer, punches, or dies. Since we are physically distanced from each other, now is a perfect time to share sunshine with our friends and family by sending cards!



Project Supplies


Here's what I used to make today's project. Click on the items below to see and order them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one looking after you.

Paper Snips
$17.00

https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/category/300200/january-june-2020-mini-catalog?dbwsdemoid=4000625

http://bit.ly/shopsuwithdibarnes

https://dianebarnes.blogspot.com/2020/05/may-stamping-sisters-tutorial-bundle-is.html 

No comments: