Friday 8 May 2020

Timeless Tropical Birthday 2 - double easel card

Today I have another of my Timeless Tropical bundle cards to share with you - this one shows a gorgeous hibiscus teamed with another amazing floral print paper from the Tropical Oasis pack.

This has many similar elements to yesterday's cards, but I've stepped it up to make a double easel card - because you know I can't resist an easy fancy fold.


This time I stamped the hibiscus flower image and sentiment in Saddle Brown Staz On ink onto Thick Very Vanilla cardstock, then coloured it with a few shades of watercolour pencils. I also used the handle end of my paper piercer tool and Stampin' Pierce mat to create a more 3d flower.

Once complete, a layer of Clear Wink of Stella added some lovely shimmer - something I added to the beautiful lily and frangipani paper print too.

I created the leaves like yesterday's card - heat embossing with VersaMark and Pear Pizzazz ink to create green embossed images, which I also watercoloured with my Aqua Painter and Pear Pizzazz ink.


You may also spot the Very Vanilla panel embossed using the Coastal Weave 3d embossing folder. I really love this pattern and am sad it's being discontinued and not carried over to the new Annual Catalogue. Get yours now!


The sentiments used inside and out are again from the Timeless Tropical bundle. The stitched shapes I used are also from the So Sentimental bundle, which includes the Stitched So Sweetly die set). The Braided Burlap Trim got a look-in again too. I love fraying each end.


Here's a look at the structure of the Double Easel card. Regulars will know that I love using this fold and have made them for so many occasions  - essentially just 2 regular bases joined together back to back.


Inside it's very simple again but themed to match the rest of the card.



Bundle Pricing ends 2 June!
Get your Timeless Tropical bundle including the Timeless Tropical stamp set and coordinating In the Tropics dienow before the 10% off discount bundle pricing ends on June 2nd. They'll be available separately at regular prices in the new Annual Catalogue.


Next time I'll have 2 more easy tropical cards for you to try.

Happy stamping & inky wishes,
Di

Project Supplies


Here's what I used to make today's project. Click on the items below to see and order them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs. Thanks for selecting me as your preferred Demonstrator in the online store, if you don't already have one looking after you.

Timeless Tropical bundle - the Timeless Tropical stamp set and coordinating In the Tropics die

Versamark Pad
$16.50
Aqua Painters
$20.00
Heat Tool
$50.00


https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/products/3000500/last-chance-products?dbwsdemoid=4000625

https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/category/300200/january-june-2020-mini-catalog?dbwsdemoid=4000625

http://bit.ly/shopsuwithdibarnes


https://dianebarnes.blogspot.com/p/stamping-sisters-tutorials.html 

No comments: