Saturday 30 May 2020

Magnolia Lane Double Wonder Dozen

A super quick post to share a bunch of cards with you that I've made using the Double Wonder technique. I can't remember the last time I made 12 cards so quickly so this is worth sharing.

What's Double Wonder? It's a series of easy card layouts made by cutting up 6 x 12 inch pieces of coordinating patterned paper based on a template of cuts.





I understand the Double Wonder concept was shared initially by Stampin' Up! Development Manager, Shannon West and took off from there - as all good ideas do. I saw US Demonstrator, Julie Davison posted fab sets and video on her blog, then my friends, Chloe Evans and Kelly Kent made awesome sets of cards, so I couldn't resist having a go too. My stamping time is pretty limited at the moment and for sure I have tons of pretty patterned paper.

My cards are mostly based on Chloe Evans template in this post with some little twists.

I cut up 2 different pieces of 6 x 12 inch patterned paper from the retiring Magnolia Lane paper pack to decorate my 12 cards, using card bases in Petal Pink and Pear Pizzazz.

I teamed them with my favourite sentiments in the Stampin' Up! #sharesunshine Covid-19 fundraiser pdf (see more below) and cut them out with dies from the Stitched Rectangles, Stitched Nested Labels, and Stitched So Sweetly sets. So many of them fitted this image which was awesome.

Design 1 - This layout has a cut down front with one strip of paper on the front and one inside. I've accessorised with some retired ombre ribbon, Magnolia Lane twine and pearls. You can make 4 of these.


These pics show the cut down front better. So simple and adds lots of interest inside as well as out.


Design 2 - Mix and match 3 pieces of paper and place on a white mat. You can make 4 cards in this design.


Design 3 - You can make 2 cards of this design. Each card uses 2 pieces of paper matted on a larger mat. I moved the sentiment panel around depending on what part of the paper I wanted to see.


Design 4 - I went rogue for these last 2 cards, using the remaining pieces of paper. They follow the template cuts but I arranged them differently on the card.

Left - The paper pieces on the left card were cut in half. The sentiment panel hides the gap.
Right - I arranged the template pieces on a long mat. The sentiment covers the gap in the middle.


Here they all are together again ready to send.


Honestly when you finish a set of these you just want to cut up another paper pattern to see how they turn out. If you feel like making more of a particular design you can adapt it to suit as well once you get the idea. Try It! Bet you can't stop. I'd love to see what you make.

Share Sunshine - Covid 19 Giveback Fundraiser - ends 2 June 2020


The #sharesunshine pdf download includes 15 pages of sentiments you can print and use to make encouragement cards. Some are funny, some are heartfelt and some are a bit of both.

The download costs $12 USD and ALL monies raised go to support Covid-19 support and recovery. Read more about this here on the Stampin' Up!

So far, over $200,000 USD has been raised. See how much more can be raised before it ends on 2 June.

Happy stamping & inky wishes,
Di

PS: Remember the current Annual and Mini Catalogues end on 2 June so get the retiring goodies you want ASAP as many items are selling out.

https://www3.stampinup.com/ecweb/products/3000500/last-chance-products?dbwsdemoid=4000625

No comments: