Saturday 8 November 2008

Happy 79th birthday Mum

Last Saturday was my wee Mum's 79th birthday, so I thought any family out there might like to see a pic of the birthday girl on her big day (with Cara & I). Her 'Bee Sting' (why?) birthday cake from Cavallaro's deserves an yummy mention too.Of course, I wanted to make her a beautiful card to help celebrate her special day & this was the very simple but I think elegant card I made.
I used a beautiful new set called 'Live Your Dreams', which will be available in the new Summer Mini Catalogue, coming in December. The colours I used are purely pomegranate, rose red, regal rose, certainly celery & white.
It's really a case of this card, made by the very talented Silke Ledlow back in July. I've had it in my 'cards to case' list since then, so I was really happy when I heard Demonstrators who were attending a Regional Training Day recently would receive the set.
To make the card, I first inked up the large flower with my old olive, regal rose & rose red stampin' write markers, & stamped them on whisper white card. Then, I stamped & cut out two more flowers & mounted them on top, with dimensionals. I attached the stamped piece to a regal rose mat & offset it a textured purely pomegranate mat (yum!). Then, I knotted some celery grosgrain around the pieces & attached them to a textured whisper white base. Finally, I used rose red & regal rose markers to ink part of the 'Circle of Friendship' greeting & then add a small flower to the centre. I punched it out & matted it on 'pom' & regal rose circles, then attached it to the card with dimensionals.
Talking about markers...they make it so easy to create multi-coloured images & omit parts of the stamp you don't want to use, plus so much more. If you haven't tried our Stampin' Write markers yet (you haven't, really?), this month is perfect for you, as you can purchase any of your favourite Stampin' Up! colours, for $4.95 each (plus p&h) from 10-30 November only. Contact me for more information.
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Di
Supplies:
Stamps: Live Your Dreams, Circle of Friendship
Card: whisper white (textured & normal), purely pomegranate (textured), regal rose
Ink: old olive, rose red, regal rose stampin' write markers
Accessories: certainly celery grosgrain ribbon
Tools: circle punches: 1 3/8, 1 ¼, 1 inch

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo & divine card. Really, really beautiful, Di.

Anonymous said...

Di, Send our warmest wishes to your mum, ie a "BIG Happy Birthday to You" from the UK. Love the card and dimensionalling the flower (is that a word... well it is now!). The flower is sooo beautful, elegant, it noice...
... and not in a "di' frent" kind of way.
A BIG Hip Hip Hooray,
from the Mad Aussies in the UK.

aka Ngaire, Toin, Alex and Matthew

PS Do I get in trouble for a looong post?