Wednesday 26 November 2008

Season of joy & forgetfulness

I was looking on my blog for some cards I made with 'Season of Joy' while preparing for my Christmas SAS' back in August & September & realised that I hadn't actually posted them – Oops! So, I thought I'd better get a move on, especially since there's only 4 more days until Season of Joy disappears with the Spring Mini Catalogue (sob!).
Anyway, hope they give you some more Christmas card ideas. I haven't given much information on each, as they're all pretty self explanatory, but if you have any questions, just drop me an e-mail & I'd be happy to help.

I really liked this one. but decided not to 'SAS' it, as Damien (my gorgeous hubby & sounding board) said he didn't think the flower was Christmassy enough (helllooo – poinsettia!). The base has a faux torn edge, which I love doing too.

This is another one I liked, but discounted as a SAS card due to it having too many raised layers & cutting out. I liked elements of this one, but I wasn't totally happy overall....I think it may have been the vanilla (?) The colours didn't photograph well either (grr!) Both this & the previous card led me to this final SAS card though, so it's all good!
Finally & off the ruby & wasabi theme, is a ballet & brilliant blue card I made at the same time as this one. Again, I thought it would take too long as a SAS card, but I do love making window cards. The window is made using 2 punches with the round tab punch. This works beautifully with the scallop punch. The 'joy' greeting is part of the multiple greeting stamp, which I inked using markers.

I'll be back with the first of this month's SAS cards & some other quickie cards, which all use Season of Joy.

Happy stamping!
Di

Supplies:
Poinsettia swirl

Stamps: Season of Joy, So Swirly jumbo wheel
Card: ruby red, garden green, whisper white
Ink: ruby red & wild wasabi in pads, ruby red & garden green marker, ruby red stampin' around cartridge
Tools: jumbo stampin around handle

Layered tree
Stamps: Season of Joy, So Swirly jumbo wheel
Card: ruby red, wild wasabi, whisper white
Ink: wild wasabi ink pad, summer sun marker, ruby red stampin around cartridge, summer sun marker
Tools: jumbo stampin around handle

Swirly tree
Stamps: Season of Joy, So Swirly jumbo wheel
Card: ruby red, wild wasabi, very vanilla
Ink: wild wasabi ink pad, summer sun marker, ruby red stampin around cartridge, summer sun marker
Tools: jumbo stampin around handle, bone folder

Snowflake window
Stamps: Season of Joy
Card: ballet blue, brilliant blue, whisper white
Ink: ballet blue, brilliant blue
Accessories: 2 way glue pen, dazzling diamonds glitter
Tools: round tab punch, scallop circle punch, circle punches: 1 3/8 inch, 1 1/4 inch, 1 inch, corner rounder punch

No comments: