Friday 28 November 2008

Always Anniversary


I'm taking a short break from Christmas to show you some more Spring Mini projects before the mini ends on Sunday. This is the card I made for my truly wonderful hubby, Damien, for our 16th wedding anniversary, which was earlier this month.It doesn't seem that long since our big day, but when I look at our wedding photos, we look soooo young...so apparently it wasn't yesterday. All I know is that I adore him as much, & probably even more than I did then. It's also a big month for Damien, as it's his birthday....& the big 40 this year too! I'll show you his birthday card another time. Both of these occasions have meant card challenges for me, as I generally struggle a bit with masculine cards. For this card, I decided to use the 'Always' set from the Spring Mini catalogue, teamed with some close to cocoa designer Prints paper. It's a very simple card, but I thought it turned out quite elegant & Damien liked it, so I'm calling that a win.
Anyway, I really hope 'Always' makes it to the 2009 catalogue, as it's such a beautiful & flexible set, but we will have to wait until March/April to find out. If you can't take that stress, you only have another 2 days & approx 2 hours to order it before it goes.
I'll be back soon with another spring mini farewell project.
Bye for now
Di
Supplies:
Stamps: Always
Card/Paper: choc chip, very vanilla, Close to cocoa Prints paper
Ink: choc chip
Accessories: choc chip taffeta ribbon
Tools: ¼ inch punch

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love this card, Di! It's really gorgeous...oh, and Happy Anniversary!!!

Andrea

Ramona Michaluk said...

Really beautiful card Diane - simple yet elegant and it says it all! Happy Anniversary !

pf said...

I love that card, that stamp set is at the top of my wish list!