Friday 14 November 2008

More Fabulous!

Hellooo again finally. Time got away from me...again, but I'm back with the second card we made at my technique class last Saturday.This card is all about the large flower, which I made using the emerging colour technique. I first saw this technique demonstrated by the lovely Vanessa Webb, at the Demonstrator Regional Training day in September. I then found this great tutorial & project by the fab Beate Johns, which I really loved, so I cased it for my project.

Like the last card, I used 'Fabulous Flowers'. The colours I used are groovy guava, so saffron, bashful blue, rose red & pumpkin pie - an unusual combination, but I think it works nicely together here & gives a nice spring feel. To make the flower, I stamped some small flower images on white card, & over stamped the large flower with versamark ink & clear embossed it. Then, I sponged/brayered rose red ink over the top & rubbed off the excess ink resisted by the embossed flower. Then I just cut out the flower & added a rhinestone brad. The base is so saffron & the strip is pumpkin pie. To continue the embossing theme, the greeting was stamped in white & embossed with white embossing powder.

Here's one more 'emerging colour' card. This time, I stamped the 'En Francais' background in groovy guava ink, clear embossed, then brayered over with ruby red ink. I mounted it on a ruby red base & pierced guava mat, added some guava double stitched ribbon & white embossed a greeting from 'Wonderful Words'.If you haven't tried emerging colour yet, have a go with lots of different stamps & colours. It's fun to see the different effects you can create.


If you'd like more information on emerging colour or these cards, just drop me an e-mail. Hope you have a great weekend.
Bye for now
Di

Supplies:
Totally Fabulous
Stamps: Fabulous Flowers, Sincere Salutations
Card: So saffron, pumpkin pie, whisper white
Ink: groovy guava, bashful blue, so saffron, versamark
Accessories: rhinestone brad (Fire pack), bashful blue grosgrain ribbon, clear embossing powder, white embossing powder
Tools: heat tool, brayer

Fabulous Francais
Stamps: Fabulous Flowers, Wonderful Words
Card: ruby red, groovy guava, whisper white
Ink: groovy guava, ruby red
Accessories: rhinestone brad (Fire pack), guava double stitched ribbon, clear embossing powder, white embossing powder
Tools: heat tool, brayer

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

I love these cards too!! I must try this technique soon!